12.11.2011

What you can do with old books : DIY Anthropologie {style} Christmas


These are a little time consuming to make {and messy!} but if you have a Sunday when all the hubs wants to do if football it up on the tv- this project could save your life {or sanity}.

I first saw them online at Anthropologie looking all cute but completely over priced.  I'm sorry but it cost me less then $3.00 to make this and they are charging $48.00!!!  For this:


Can you see the cardboard dividers on the Anthro tree??? I can and those don't look like $50 trees to me- those look like a crafter's dream. These trees are easy enough to make if you have the time and the creative want to.  I used vintage buttons to top my tree and read this tutorial over at The Wonder Forest before going off on my own.  You will get better with every tree so just keep with it and a good paper slicer helps!

Another great way to use those scraps you will have piling up from the trees?  Use it as a fancy smacy way to cushion your breakables when you gift wrap...


Or as gift tags-...


I have made five trees, have two packages full of shreds of paper, and one tag- all of which came from the same old book I got from Restore for $1.00 and I still have more paper from it to use up.  I have two more old books- imagine what I can do with those...

*and yes blame it on pregnancy brain or what ever you want to but I have been spelling Anthropologie wrong this whooooole time...I would like to believe that it is the pregnancy but I know in my heart it is just my bad spelling.  Ryan usually spell checks for me but there was no way for him to catch this one.  So just laugh it up at my expense and know what a pain it was to go back and fix it : )

2 comments:

  1. So how many different sizes of squares did you cut. Like 5? And then some itty bitties? I saw one of these in person last week but didn't want to be too nosy to look it over alot. I just figure I can figure it out. And have lots of sheet music. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Good stuff, please keep us posted when you post again something like that! GAAP PDF

    ReplyDelete

I am a stay at home mommy so all adult conversation means I get to keep my sanity just a little bit longer...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...