7.25.2010

DIY Vintage Wedding Buffet Decorations

Our family is amazing! We are doing all of the food for the wedding ourselves. Ryan's uncle is cooking the meat. His Oma is cooking the rest of the meal {with the help of other family members}. Me and my mom are doing the appetizers and various family members are baking us cookies for our cookie bar {served with a nice shot of milk- more to come on that project!} I like to call it a family style wedding feast. I think a wedding should reflect who you are, not someone you are pretending to be for one day. Me and Ryan are small towns, we have large families, we hang out with our cousins, our families have meals like this all the time why would I want it to be any different for our wedding? I would much rather have a meal made lovingly by his Oma then eat some standard boring wedding catering {that doesn't even taste good most of the time!}. Doing your own buffet is a great way to show your style and background, involve family into your day, and save money!

I have been doing several projects to make the buffet a flawless part of the whole weddingscape- if that is even a word! One of my favorite projects is this vintage dresser drawer turned into cute container. I plan on filling two of these matching drawers full of chips. We have been glass containers for dip. Maybe it sounds a little funny now but I can't wait to see it at the wedding.



To make these I made a little trip to Restore and scrounged around for a cheap table with drawers that would make interesting containers. My first time around I didn't find anything that caught my eye. I forced myself to go around one more time and look closely at everything. That time I found the perfect bedside table with two drawers that were the perfect size! And for only $15!



I brought it home, cleaned it, sanded it, and cleaned it again. Then I used a set of spray paint that makes a crackle effect. It is super easy and you can find it at most craft stores. I got mine from Hobby Lobby. The last step for this is to decoupage paper onto the bottom of the drawers. All you need for that is an old paint brush, decoupage glue, and pretty craft paper.




This is an easy example of something that you can see on sites like Style Me Pretty and be inspired and make your own. Don't be afraid to try something even if you not exactly sure how to do it. Usually it is not as hard as it looks. Just takes a little bit of imagination and elbow grease!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a stay at home mommy so all adult conversation means I get to keep my sanity just a little bit longer...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...