7.13.2012

A tale of one small crafter and big Anthropologie...

The other day I was on 
twitter
cause twitter is awesome
and if you are the people out there mocking twitter-
I know it's just because you don't understand
so
where was I?
Oh yes, 
I was on twitter
just twitter tweeting around
checkin' out how everyone was starting their day
when Bam!
I see this tweet from my friend Bethany 
about this mini cake plate that BHLDN
is selling for $78.00
!!!




Now if you don't know
BHLDN is owned by Anthropologie
It sells wedding stuff
or
as I like to call it- "Stuff we knock off from Ashley's brain"!
Cause here is what I made OVER a year ago!!!!



I made this for like $3.00 and BHLDN is selling theirs for $78.00!

All you need to make your own:

Small vintage plate
A small pretty glass or candlestick - I prefer little glasses you would serve liquors in
Silicone Adhesive

Instructions for making Mini Cake Stands that are so cute
you could charge $78.00 when you are done

+ Clean the plate and glass with soapy water- dry thoroughly

+ Apply small ring of silicone adhesive around the bottom ring of the glass {you will want the drinking edge of the glass to set on the table}.  Place carefully on the bottom center of the plate.  Hold firm for a minute or two and try not to move around.  You want a good seal.

+ Wipe any extra that might have squeezed out of an edge.

+ These will need to dry over night in a protected area.  


*After the adhesive dries you have a seal strong enough to be put through the dishwashers!  Although I still recommend you hand wash them for safe keeping.  Some vintage plates will chip and lose paint in the dishwasher.




4 comments:

  1. YES! Way to stick it to The Man! (The man clearly being BHLDN.)

    Yours looks so close to their version...it's fantastic. These are so, so easy and cheap--it just chaps my hide that anyone would get conned into paying $78.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!! I'm sad it it got dropped and now has a huge crack : (

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!!! I'm sad it it got dropped and now has a huge crack : (

    ReplyDelete

I am a stay at home mommy so all adult conversation means I get to keep my sanity just a little bit longer...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...