10.17.2012

Sourdough Starter {In my kitchen}...


I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread. A duck loves bread, but he does not have the capability to buy a loaf. That's the biggest joke on the duck ever. If I worked at a convenience store, and a duck came in and stole a loaf of bread, I would let him go. I'd say, "Come back tomorrow, bring your friends!" When I think of a duck's friends, I think of other ducks. But he could have, say, a beaver in tow. 
-Mitch Hedburg-

Unlike the duck
I do have the capability
to buy a loaf
but
I am trying to save money right now.

So
today I made...

Sourdough Bread Starter

What you need to make your own:


Mix the whole package of yeast in 1/2 cup warm water and let dissolve.
Mix in all ingredients with yeast mixture and add the other 2 cups of warm water.
Cover with a cotton cloth for 5-10 days.
Stirring 3 times a day.
You know it is done when it has a fermented aroma and it is not bubbling.

So I guess we will talk more in 5-10 days...



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a stay at home mommy so all adult conversation means I get to keep my sanity just a little bit longer...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...