12.19.2009

burlap



I have burlap on the brain. Something about it just seems to click with the look I want for my wedding- which I will talk more about in an upcoming post. I want to mix the burlap with elements like satin ribbon and lace. I like the hardness vs. the soft and feminine. My mom found these fantastic tablecloths. They are made out of paper and look like linen. They have the most lovely shade of chocolate brown AND they are half the price of renting tablecloths! The linen look is perfect because we are getting married at the end of the summer and nothing says summer more then linen.

So my idea is to make some kind of burlap runner to layer over the "linen" tablecloths....what do you guys think?? I have even been toying with the idea of adding some kind of shimmer or sparkle to the burlap. So many possibilities! I think I still have a lot of work to do on the center pieces but the tables are coming along nicely!

Have any of you used burlap in your own weddings? If so send me and email or pictures I would some inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a stay at home mommy so all adult conversation means I get to keep my sanity just a little bit longer...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...