7.05.2011

Door knobs and crockpots {instead of bed knobs and broomsticks}...


This weekend I took off 14 door knobs!  It took me two hours just to get them all off the doors.  They had been painted over many times and the screws were very hard to get out.  But after it was all said and done  I am so happy I did!  What a huge difference in our doors and savings {a little over two hundred dollars for new knobs}....and I think these glass antiquey ones are pretty cute- don't you? 

This was just the little pop of charm I need after a weekend filled with painting, cleaning, moving furniture, and adding more to my to-do list then I seem to get done.  If you have some old door knobs that need some attention this is how I did it:












*I also used some jewelry wipes {like for brass and silver} to shine them up a little bit....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a stay at home mommy so all adult conversation means I get to keep my sanity just a little bit longer...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...