9.13.2011

Truffles Tuesdays {cause sometimes you just need chocolate}...


I know you aren't suppose to eat a lot of chocolate when you are pregnant cause of the caffine blah, blah, blah but sometimes a girl needs a truffle or two {or maybe 10}.  Truffles are those kinds of treats that seem really complicated to make but that's not the real story.  Here is my no fail recipe...


Get In My Belly Truffles

Ingredients:

Chocolate chips {the higher the cacao percentage the better- you want to shoot for something in the 60% to 80% range- I use Ghirardelli 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips}

1/3 Cup Heavy Cream {I didn't say they were good for you}

Cocoa Power {Again the higher quality of chocolate the better I use Green and Blacks Organic Cocoa Power- found at Schnucks}

Directions:

In a sauce pan boil about 2 inches of water.

Once it comes to a bowl place a glass bowl into the hot water bath.  

Pour in chocolate chips and cream into glass bowl {the bowl in the water bath keeps your chocolate and cream from burning}, stirring often until thoroughly melted together.

Once melted take off heat and let come to room temperature, this takes about 45 minutes.

Taking either a small spoon or melon scoop, scoop out chocolate mixture and form little balls with your hands

Roll in the cocoa powder lightly and enjoy!



I made these for the girls at work and they went crazy for them.  They are such a simple treat to make but feel like a luxury.  So the next time you have a long day and need a pick me up you are only an hour away from chocolately goodness that would cost you buckoo bucks from a fine chocolate store.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a stay at home mommy so all adult conversation means I get to keep my sanity just a little bit longer...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...