9.22.2011

Vintage Children's Books...


I have been trying my very hardest not to buy any baby stuff until October 6th when we find out whether we will be having a girl or boy.  A couple of weekends ago at Restore I just couldn't help myself and I broke down and spend $2.45 on a stack of vintage children's books.

I love old books.  I think they have more quality stories and pictures that you don't find a lot of in newer books.  Is it just me who feels that way?  Some of my favorite memories with my mom and grandma are of them reading to me.  I had a love of books- I was the girl in 6th grade getting in trouble because I was hiding Anne of Green Gables in my math book during class.  I am hoping that little baby Sjuts will grow up with the same love.

To me a great book has to have a good story, flow, and amazing pictures to hold the attention of  young developing minds.  My favorites that I have collected so far are: 101 Dalmations {the chapter book, not the one written after the Disney movie but the one the Disney movie was written after} Madeline, and Sleeping Beauty.

Check out some of these illustrations...







No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a stay at home mommy so all adult conversation means I get to keep my sanity just a little bit longer...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...