6.19.2011

Daddy don't like...

Ok...so I know it's Sunday {and Father's Day} and I don't normally blog on weekends but what the heck?  Why not?  I am up early, enjoying the peace and quiet {if you count two cats running around being crazy peace and quiet} google image-ing my heart away and I have a confession...

I WANNA PAINT MY WOOD FLOORS WHITE!!!

I know what you are thinking and my dad already told me not to do it but our floors are really damaged and there are some large stains that will not sand out!  If we have carpet installed again then we are out at least a thousand bucks, probably two.  Ew.  So that brings us to the painting option.

We are putting laminate in the kitchen and dining room {our office right now} that matched the bathroom....remember that?  I do like the wood laminate that is currently in our kitchen but it is damaged from a leak.  It has to be replaced and it's more expensive then the tile laminate that my dad is gonna help us put in.

So to help you visualize what I am going for here are a few reference points {how I convinced Ryan} for inspiration...

image via



image via

image via



I think it looks kinda wonderful and goes perfectly with what we have going on in the kitchen.  I haven't priced it out or anything yet but it has to be our cheapest option.  I guess I need to start doing some research on how to paint wood floors and see what I can come up with.  Wish me luck and hope you are out spending your fathers day with someone wonderful and fatherly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a stay at home mommy so all adult conversation means I get to keep my sanity just a little bit longer...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...